It’s game day! Bring on Super Bowl 68!
Today we will, no doubt, be cheering (or yelling depending on your team of choice) at our TV screens. However, the iconic Super Bowl party isn’t complete without food. So, here’s a great recipe that is sure to be a touchdown!
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 package of active dry yeast (or pizza dough yeast)
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour (bread flour can be subbed for a crisper crust)
- 3 tbsp Olivado avocado oil (divided)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1tsp Clubhouse Garlic Plus (optional)
- In a large bowl, add the warm water. Sprinkle the yeast and let stand for 5 mins to dissolve.
- Add flour, salt, sugar and 2 tbsp of oil
- Mix and knead until dough is smooth
- Place in a large bowl and coat with remaining oil
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm area to allow the dough to rise – will double in size after 1 1/2 hours
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 1 medium avocado – minced
- 1 bunch of spinach – rinse, drained and dried
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp Olivado avocado oil
- Heat avocado oil on medium in sauce pan
- Add onions and avocado, cook until onions are transparent – set aside
- Cook spinach until leafs are wilted – add to onion mixture
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºC
- Roll dough into 1″ balls
- Stretch dough into a thin circle
- Spoon in filling mixture and top with cheese
- Pinch close and place, seem side down, onto a greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes
Makes 18-24 bites. Serve warm and with pizza sauce for dipping. If you have any filling leftover, it’s great to save for the next morning and put into eggs for a tasty breakfast.
Try different fillings for different flavors: pepperoni, ham, mushrooms… get creative!