In case you haven’t noticed the influx in shoppers in the stores or the faint sounds of Christmas music in the air, Christmas is just around the corner whether you like it or not. If you are like some of us in the Olivado kitchen, you are well prepared for the upcoming barrage of holiday cheer. The others… well, lets just say we could use a little help getting together some last minute gifts.
Last minute gifting doesn’t have to be a run to the store to find a pre-packaged ‘something’, shove it in a holiday bag with some tissue on top. It can be something you make yourself that takes little time, but leaves a lasting impression.
Gifts in Jars are a quick (and yummy) gift to give. Here is one recipe that is sure to please.
Candy Cane Chocolate Cookies
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 package (15 oz) of peppermint baking chips or crushed up candy canes
- 1 quart mason jar
How we did it:
- Layer the cake mix and peppermint chips on top of each other inside the mason jar
- Attach a card with the follow recipe:
- Beat together two eggs and 1/2 cup of Olivado Macadamia Nut Oil in a bowl
- Empty in the contents of the jar and mix will with a spoon
- Chill dough 20 minutes prior to baking
- Roll into 1″ balls and place onto greased baking pan and cook for 8-9 minutes (or until centers are cooked through) in a preheated oven at 350F
Package the jar up with a bottle of Olivado Macadamia Nut Oil and you are ready to go! We hope you enjoy giving this gift as much as your receiver will enjoy making and eating it.